In case you’re wondering why Bursa Malaysia is so strong despite the Dow making fresh lows each day, HLeBroking’s newsletter today provides a good glimpse of the scenario. Construction and Plantation Sector These two sectors are holding up the KLCI. Construction Stocks have been in an uptrend of late as traders buy up construction stocks [...]
How to Tell Bad News and Make your Share Price Go Up… maybe this is a better title for this article. I am talking about the 13-Feb Profit Announcement by AMMB Holdings Berhad, Malaysia’s fifth largest banking group by total assets. In that Announcement, it was obvious that the bank is increasingly negative about the Malaysia [...]
As an investor, you want to make sure that your company is not paying obscene salaries to the top execs. We’ve seen what happened at the US investment banks such as Lehmans and Merrill Lynch. Since I’ve got some bank shares, I was a little curious about what our top banking executives earn here in [...]
Here are the key highlights for Malaysia’s banking sector in December 08 based on figures published by Bank Negara. 1. Loan growth of 12.8% year-on-year, driven by business and mortgage loans. This is as the strongest showing since 1998. 2. Industry NPL ratio stood at 4.1% (down from 5.6% last year). NPL is now at [...]
- JW: Hi Larry, I am back to re-read some of your articles. I found most of your articles useful, thanks for the...
- Debbie: Can you elaborate further for: 6. Being stingy – Why would your spending habit be an issue in investing...
- ck: Hi Larry, I’ve just joined this forum but notice that some of the data like the archives have data up to...
- Marti: There’s a good reason funds avoid small liquidity stocks: if lots of investors leave at the same time...
- James: Thank you Larry for the information. Do you have others stocks in mind that you would think of buying? Many...
articles for ioi corporation
bursa malaysia company database
christian principles of money
financial strength indicators
malaysian bulk carriers