Last week since 13/11/08 we saw a kick off in the quarterly reporting season for Malaysia’s banking majors: AMMB Holdings (AMMB) Hong Leong Bank (HLBANK) Malayan Banking (MAYBANK) Bumiputra-Commerce (COMMERZ) Overall AMMB and HLBANK threw in pretty good results, while MAYBANK and COMMERZ not so good. After digesting some of the Press Releases and Analyst [...]
Last week the Association of Banks in Malaysia (ABM) said that the country was not experiencing any credit crunch. The banking sector remains strong and well-capitalized in the face of global financial turmoil -commercial banks are not putting any brakes in lending and it is “business as usual”. As at the end-August 2008, the industry’s loan [...]
There is an article in The Star, Saturday 27/9/08 which quoted Cheah Tek Kuang as saying that Malaysian companies are looking to borrow from banks because the domestic bond market has dried up. Most Malaysian companies are healthy and it does not make sense for them to issue bonds at current prices. Basically AMMB’s performance targets [...]
- JW: Hi Larry, I am back to re-read some of your articles. I found most of your articles useful, thanks for the...
- Debbie: Can you elaborate further for: 6. Being stingy – Why would your spending habit be an issue in investing...
- ck: Hi Larry, I’ve just joined this forum but notice that some of the data like the archives have data up to...
- Marti: There’s a good reason funds avoid small liquidity stocks: if lots of investors leave at the same time...
- James: Thank you Larry for the information. Do you have others stocks in mind that you would think of buying? Many...
articles for ioi corporation
bursa malaysia company database
christian principles of money
financial strength indicators
malaysian bulk carriers